ASA $2000 Scholarship
The ASA will present a $2,000.00 scholarship to a student who is attending post secondary school in the upcoming 2024-25 academic year. Please read the eligibility requirements carefully.
1. Must have been a member of the ASA this current season and last season.
2. Must have or be graduating from high school.
3. It is strongly encouraged to complete the ASA online safety program - https://www.snowmobilecourse.com/canada/alberta/
4. Should be a member of their local ASA Club.
How to apply:
1. Submit a one page letter, outlining your involvement in snowmobiling, your community, and your Club (if applicable).
2. Essay Question (Max 2 pages, typed)
What makes snowmobiling great in Alberta?
(Please do not include your name or club name in your essay.)
Submission window opens February 1, 2024 and closes April 1, 2024.
All submissions to be mailed to the ASA office in Edmonton or emailed to email@example.com
Subject: ASA Scholarship Contest 2024
The ASA will reimburse the first 50 members this season who complete their class and field AST course. Members must send into the ASA office, by April 30, 2024, a copy of their current season Membership, a copy of the AST Course Certificate, as issued by an Avalanche Canada approved course provider, and receipt confirmation of payment.
This season’s program will reimburse Members for AST1 or AST2 courses. Reimbursement will be provided for course registration costs only.
Contact Avalanche Canada ( https://www.avalanche.ca) for a listing of course providers.
Contact the Alberta Snowmobile Association for any reimbursement program questions.
Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Snowmobile Safety Course
It is recommended that Alberta youth and students take this valuable course on safe and responsible snowmobiling. SNOWMOBILEcourse.com is a delegated provider for the Alberta Snowmobile Association.
This course is free!
After completing the course, download, fill out, and return the form below to the ASA office to receive a FREE youth membership. Youth must be aged 13 or under. The free youth membership is only valid to youth completing the course for their first time.